Monday, September 7, 2009

Symposium at The Minnesota Textile Center in 2010

Check out this link from The Textile Center of Minnesota!  I love them, I do, and have been freaking about the great news to follow!  All I can say is HOLY CRAP!

http://www.textilecentermn.org/shibori/Shibori08Color.pdf

I have been asked to speak at a Symposium for Wearable Art at the Minnesota Textile Center in June of 2010.  The link above shows info and presentations from a previous year's Symposium.  This years will be a collection of workshops and lectures on all things to do with wearable art and fashion!  It should be amazing!

Third Willow has been recognized and I have been asked to speak about Social Networking and Marketing to promote small businesses and artists.  What a great honor, and frankly enough to make me a bit nervous for a presentation I have to give in one year.  Thank God I have time to keep working and practicing on all my networking outlets.  Now it is really time to master all these sites.  I already facebook, twitter, ning, blog, etsy, and flickr, but what else should I try.  There are so many ways to get your name and business out there.  I need to keep trying them all and see what comes up.  Anyone else have any ideas?  The more the merrier, and any help would be great.  I cannot imagine giving a 2 hour presentation to 30-50 people, but here I am, preparing for one year to do so.  YIKES!

And ya'll have to come if you live in Minnesota.  This should be a great networking and informational symposium for all artisans and etsians!

Designer, Out!
Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment